« Home | To Liberal Progressive Bloggers » | Three enemies have common ground » | Leadership Council Troubled By Today’s Vote at the... » | History in the making: a party that doesn't want t... » | Canada stands alone in vote » | "NATO should be ready to fight more than one big o... » | North American Union exposed during Senate Debate ... » | Uh oh, is this what will happen in Canada? » | Canadian MP said 'No Deal" to a Sister City in Ind... » | Global warming may help satellites fly longer »

Photographs of Iraq from 1918 when it was under British Control

I was at a lawn sale two summers ago and bought a small photo album full of black and white photographs of Iraq from 1918. There are pictures of mosques, daily life, Ezras Tomb, camps...

There were about 8 more albums, but when I started looking through this one, another man came and scooped up the others! I could have clobbered him!! :)

I was going through it this morning and wondered just how many of these buildings I was looking at have been destroyed.

I might post some of these photos but my scanner is on the brink. I'll be getting another one soon. Anyone interested in seeing them? If not, I won't bother.

UPDATE: All these photographs have been put up on my Flicker site here

I'd like to see some of these photos, please - especially any military shots. Congratulations on your purchase!

I'll put them up as soon as I get a scanner. Thanks, I thought it was a great catch too.

These are amazing!

Post a Comment