« Home | The Metamorphosis and the sabotage of Canada by ou... » | My Ode to the Court Challenges program: the progre... » | Great Lakes In the News. » | Video Blog #4: Muslim while flying This guy is hil... » | My Conspiracy Theory on Global Warming. » | I hope I don't lose my blog posts! » | Quick Tidbits. » | Did you know... » | I thought I recognized you... » | So many rules... »

What's up in Paraguay?

Last week I posted this article about Paraguay. That it will stop granting US troops immunity from prosecution next year. The military is there to train and provide humanitarian support but last year there were some media rumours that the military was there with other motives which might include monitoring natural gas reserves in leftist-run Bolivia.

Today, I'm over at The Truth Will Set You Free and see this lil' tidbit.

"WMR's Paraguayan sources have confirmed that George W. Bush recently bought 42,000 hectares (over 100,000 acres) of land in Paraguay's northern "Chaco" region. The land sits atop huge natural gas reserves, according to sources in Asuncion.

Moreover, the land deal was consummated in a dinner meeting between Bush's daughter Jenna and Paraguayan President Nicanor Duarte.

Although Jenna, who was in Paraguay under the cover of a 10-day UNICEF trip to visit child welfare projects, put the Bush family seal of approval on the land deal, the actual legal papers were worked out by Bush family lawyers and businessrepresentatives. Jenna Bush is supposedly working for UNICEF in Panama City."

On another note, the son of ANOTHER PM that soooooo bent over and sold us out (with NAFTA), Ben Mulroney was appointed national ambassador for UNICEF Canada.