« Home | Headlines Jun 22/06 » | Headlines »

The Sun Controversy

The sun. Is it good or bad? We all know the dangers of too much exposure. Just ask any of the thousands of people who have been diagnosed with skin cancer. Yet, there are benefits such as Vitamin D. Which, oddly enough, helps fight cancer. Can it get more confusing? Yes.
Just seach it on the web. You'll get people saying the use of sunblocks promote cancer. Others saying this is because people tend to stay out longer and do not use it properly. Somewhere in between lies the answer? A moderate (10 minute) dose of sun is supposedly enough to get the needed vitamin D, anything beyond that could be risky.
How do you cope with over-exposure? Wear a wide-brimmed hat, clothes that cover your skin? Stay inside or use sunblock lotions? Me? I don't use sunblock. I try to steer away from chemicals whenever possible. If I know I will be out for a long period of time, I'll cover up.

I'll leave you with a few links to shed a little light on the situation :)
Sunlight is Food!

Vitamin D pills cut MS risk

Sun Scare

NATURE'S OWN SUNTAN PRODUCTS

Sun Protection Doesn’t Cause Vitamin D Deficiency

Ingredients in Popular Sun Tan Lotions and Sun Blockers Contribute to Rising Death Rate From Melanoma

Vitamin D studies: sun can fill void

About me

  • I'm A_Resident
  • From
  • Ontario. I am proud supporter of the Canadian Action Party. Why? Because they are the only party that proudly supports Canada. See for yourself...
My profile